I'm Liz and I started Pink Sofa 12 years ago because I wanted to help other lesbians connect with each other; for love; for friendship and for support; within a friendly, comfortable and safe online community.
Over the last 12 years many thousands of lesbians have found love, made new friends and received support on Pink Sofa. My team and I have spoken to so many of you at festivals and events and read your emails. We love hearing your stories!
I am very proud that we are one of the only lesbian run, lesbian focused social networks and online dating sites in the world today. This means we can serve you with integrity and commitment.
Our longevity has been achieved without venture capital or angel funding but from your contributions and the passion and dedication of a small team committed to providing the best service we possibly can.
There have been a number of huge challenges along the way which we have overcome each time but not without the worries, the tears and the sacrifices that come with trying to do what seems impossible and never giving up.
I write this because I want you all to know more about who is behind Pink Sofa so we are not just another faceless website.
I encourage you all to consider the online services you use. Find out who is behind them, where the money goes and whether they really care about you and our community or whether they see you as just another niche group.
I also want you to know what we do with your membership fees.
- We actively support lesbian run events and not for profits by sponsoring free event notice boards and promotion.
- We have always and will always sponsor free forums so that no lesbian will ever be without support whether they are coming out, grieving, breaking up, having health problems, suffering depression, experiencing abuse or discrimination or whether they are just lonely.
- We make donations to organisations supporting breast cancer and ovarian cancer sufferers because many of our Pink Sofa members and their friends and family members have been impacted by these diseases.
- We support same sex marriage and equal access to fertility treatment because we believe in equal rights and fair treatment for all regardless of sexuality.
- We continue to evolve and develop Pink Sofa to provide what you ask for.
Sometimes we get tired and sometimes we don't have enough funds and things might take longer than we would hope for, but we will continue to strive to do our best.
Thanks for your continued support.